Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Remember Me by Kathy J Parenteau

Now normally, as you guys know, I do "Quote of the Day" posts because I like to keep it short and easy. Sometimes if a writer writes something long and complex it can get bored or hard to focus on for the readers. But I'm going to hope you have a little faith and just bare with me, because today I'm going to give you a poem instead of a short quote.

I got the idea for this while scrolling through some blogs. I ran across a few websites that had some amazing powtry and it gave me the inspiration to find some more poetry that you guys might enjoy. So this poem isn't mine, though I might do something in the future, but I do  hope you enjoy this when you read it. Which out further ado, Remember me.

"If I were to leave this world today I'd want to be remembered it's true,
for going that extra mile just to show my love for you.
I'd want for you to be proud of me and know I always tried,
when you hurt I did too, your tears I also cried.
I'd want you to be compassionate to never turn away,
from someone who might need a hug or encouragement one day.
I'd want you to know I'm sorry if I ever caused you pain,
I hope you'd learn from my mistakes and
forgive me just the same.
There are no second chances when God
says it's time to go,
we only have today to let our feelings show.
Remember this when you say your prayers and count your blessings tonight,
and treasure every precious moment God gives you in this life."

Source: http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/advice-poem-remember-me#ixzz3AyTZapx7 

Love Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment