Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Change.


Let’s face it. No one likes change. We all like things to be the way they were before, and for them to stay that way. No one likes what the future could bring. Even if you're excited for something to come, there’s always that thought in the back of your head telling you it could all go wrong at any minute. We like things to be the best that they could possibly be and stay that way. I’ll be the first to admit this. I would much rather be a kid when my biggest concern was where I had put my favorite Barbie doll last. I loved it when I didn’t know any life changing information, when my parents were these amazing people who would never let me down. And I bet they loved it when they were expecting parents, at the height of their carriers. Now I know things that have changed me forever, and they have had sleepless night, nights where they probably questioned everything. I miss the past. And there’s nothing wrong with that. I’m human; I’m not flawless. I’m allowed to want things to never change. And I’m allowed to feel. My advice for you, although I personally hate it, allow for change. Allow things to progress. We are humans. We hate change, but sometimes its necessary; evolution and all that nonsense. I’m sure you’ll regret it at first. But more than anything I promise you will need it, and thrive from it eventually. I know I’d rather be a kid, who wouldn’t. No responsibility, no problems. I know my parents miss being free and not tired. But I wouldn’t be who I was today if I didn’t age and mature. And my parents wouldn’t have me if they were afraid and wanted to get enough sleep. I don’t know what you’re running from or pushing off. I don’t know what you’ve been through, and I’m not going to pretend like I understand everything you’ve been through. But I do know one thing, change is inevitable; embrace it. It’s going to be the best thing for you.

Love Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment