Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Storytelling: New World, New System. (Part 1)


There no real introduction at the beginning, so what I'll say is, it is supposed to represent a different version of modern day society. There is more explanation as you go along.

“Lizzy!” Her annoying voice ran down the halls until it found my ears. My mother always taught me to be appreciative for our life, and that there are worst things in life then serving others.
            Be appreciative of this? Of the crap I have to deal with on a daily basis? Sure we live in the castle, but its not like we live on a floor that has heating and more than one blanket per bed. Its not like we live with the royals and their family on the upper floors… It’s not like we matter to anyone but ourselves, or like we would be missed if we left.
“Elizabeth! Do you hear me? I need you, like now!” I hadn’t heard anyone call me by my full name is forever; even to the royals I was Lizzy.
Before I continue, welcome to high school. High school as you knew it has changed. We are no longer children in uniforms and backpacks. We’ve been transformed into royalty. We carry crowns on our heads that we’ve been taught to hold high; at least for those who are fortunate enough to become royals. As for the rest of us, the unlucky ones, we’ve been transformed to peasants and commoners. The royalties, as I refer to them as, are beautiful people. The girls have long flowing hair with extravagant dresses that go down to floor. As for the boys, they are the most handsome men, with wonderfully perfect skin and effortlessly beautiful hair. They’re literal gods on Earth. As for us, known to you as “the un-populars,” we wear rags. We are nobody, only here for the goal of pleasing royals. I personally serve Elena Taylor. Her mother is wife to the future king. Elena is considered the most beautiful girl, with golden hair running almost to her hips, and shimmering grey eyes. Beautiful people like her never have to think twice about what they do. They do what they want and any consequences fall back on people like me, peasants. At all times Elena has her two best friends, Zoe and Naomi, or her boyfriend, Jacob Thomas. The only thing I ever have with me is my rag to clean messes. Besides I’m too busy serving Elena to have a social life. I have one friend, Emily Green. Her mother and mine have been friends forever.
“Elizabeth Bell!” There goes her voice again....
[To be continued]

Love Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment