Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Storytelling: New World, New System (Part 2)


... “That’s me… And trust me the more you yell the less I want to come.” I tried to whisper that to myself, but I clearly failed because two seconds later she say, “What was that?”
I pretended like it didn’t happen and continue on to see what the reason is for calling me to begin with. “It’s an emergency,” she says like how the five year olds around here complain. “Where are you?”
            “I’m coming Ms. Taylor.” Can you believe this? I actually have to call her Ms. Taylor. I obviously hate it, I mean who would like it, she the same age as me, but yet here I am. Though on the other hand I like the castle and I like living here; and if this is what it takes then I’m all for calling anyone what they want to be called.
            It literally takes five seconds to walk to her side, seeing as how I was only fifteen feet away from her to begin with. Why she had to go and yell is not as clear to me as it was to her.
            “What’s wrong Ms. Taylor?” As if I cared, though I try not to let emotions like these show.
            “It’s not what’s wrong with me, it’s what’s wrong with Jakey!”
            Jakey? Let me set the stage for you. Jacob, not “Jakey” has been engaged to Elena since he was seven and his father died. He is the current king of his country and is waiting for Elena’s father to become king of their country so he can approve for the marriage of Jacob and Elena. Jacob had moved in to the castle a few months ago when it was clear that Elena’s grandfather would bit the dust any day now. Elena knows that the arrangement is better for her country than it is for Jacob’s so she’s been trying to get close to get him so its not just the benefits that keep Jacob here, its his love for her as well. I knew she had been giving him some nicknames, but this one had to be the worst. I know Jacob, and he sure doesn’t look like a “Jakey.” He and I are good friends, against what mother calls my better judgment. My mother says it’s dangerous; we are of two different classes. ‘Imagine the scandal and rumors that would start, I can see it now ‘Peasant girl in bed with Royals.’ Then try finding a job after that,” my mother always says. It’s not like we are even that kind of friends. Yes I will admit there have been moments, he even kissed me once, but we both know the rules. And the biggest rule of all: stick to your class when it comes to relationships. Even a friendship with me would cost him his currently clean reputation, let alone a romantic one.
            “Elizabeth…?”
         [To be continued...]

Love Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment