Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Identity.


I've only been doing this blog for a few days and I realized I haven't really introduced myself. Something that is important to me is people owning up to who you are. I hate it when people aren't themselves because they think being someone else is better. As a human you have many things you can choose to identify with. You can chose to identify as the general choice, human, or you can get more detailed. You can identify as boy or girl, student or teacher. You can even go as far as to identify not by obvious physical choices, but by feelings or emotions, i.e. gay, bisexual, lesbian, transgender. I personally identify not by emotions or in general term, but as myself, Sara Kay Stewart. In my opinion every person is a unique individual and they deserve to be seen as that. I believe in being you because everyone else is taken. To me being myself is being the best person I can be. And I know this probably sounds clique but its true, I wouldn’t ever want to be anyone else. To me being yourself is being true and honest and faithful to yourself, to your true self. So many people see a pretty face on the TV and think, “wow, I want nothing more to be them.” In reality the person they dream about being probably (a) isn’t being their true self or (b) they aren’t happy with themselves. Maybe being someone else is fun or entertaining, and maybe for one day it would be heaven on earth, but when it really comes down to it being you, the true you is the great thing in the world. You are the greatest gift you have to offer to the world. Like Ralph Waldo Emerson said, "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." On a more personally note, to me, being Sara Stewart is a blessing, but like everyone else who doubts themselves, it can also be a sures. I am proud of me, and what I have accomplished in my live. I have done this some people haven't dreamed about. I have climbed mountains, both emotional and physical. I have been in life and death situations, and I have put everything on the line for something that probably wasn't worth it, but I believed strongly enough in it and in me. But I am not only Sara Stewart, I am human, and I am flawed. I have sinned and I have doubted myself. But that's what being me is, and I wouldn't change anything for that. I wouldn't wish to be anyone but me.

Love Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment